Values we stand for
With the ESCATEC corporate governance system, we are creating lasting value for our customers and partners. We apply highest standards all over the world, which are the basis for all our decision-making, our control processes and comprises.
Our guidelines consist of the following policies based on our standard operating procedures which are adhered to by all ESCATEC employees:
- Human Resources Policy
- Quality Policy
- Environmental Policy
- IT (Information Technology) Policy
1. Human Resource Policy
Our Human Resource policy is developed with respect to fundamental human and labour rights. It ensures that we provide a safe and high standard place of work. The objectives of our Human Resources policy are to:
- Achieve high ethical standards through uncompromising integrity, adhering to the labour laws and all other official external requirements.
- Provide fair assessment, remuneration and employment conditions in order to be competitive both in our services to our customers, as well as in the labour market.
- Ensure a safe, clean, respectful and ethical workplace that enables us to take care of the environment under our influence.
- Contribute to the individual development of employees through efficient training, coaching, measurement of employee performance, and recognition of this through appropriate reward programs.
2. Quality Policy
Our Quality policy is designed to ensure that all operations are planned and executed in accordance with international legislation and internationally recognized quality standards, underwritten by the following key objectives:
- Continuous improvement in quality and reliability of our products.
- Compliance with product statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Provision of on-time delivery with a commitment to achieving total customer satisfaction.
- Focus on quality leadership in all our business activities with our customers.
- Supply of technically competent design and development services to our customers.
3. Environmental Policy
We are committed to ensuring that our business activities, products and services are in harmony with ISO 14001 environmental rules and governmental regulations under the Environmental Quality Act 1974 and Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994. Our key objectives are:
- Ensuring compliance with legal and other statutory requirements such as Environmental Quality legislation, regulations and global environmental requirements to prevent environmental pollution issues.
- Commitment to continual improvement in the prevention of the unnecessary depletion of natural resources, the reduction of energy consumption and in the control of waste products.
- Promotion and maintenance of the 3R of natural resources: Recycle, Reduce and Re-use.
4. IT Policy
The IT (Information Technology) policy assigns clear responsibilities and sets standards for the appropriate use of IT facilities in order to ensure our conformance to legal requirements for the protection of intellectual property, data protection and archiving of customer and ESCATEC information. All company and customer proprietary or sensitive information is stored on systems and networks accessible only to the appropriate authorized employees. Encryption is utilized wherever possible to protect sensitive information in particular the information addressed to recipients outside the ESCATEC network.
Code of Conduct
We conduct our business with uncompromising integrity, providing a safe, clean and ethical workplace, taking care of the environment under our influence and contributing to our community. We have nurtured a fair, impartiality, with integrity over the years.
The ESCATEC Group Code of Conduct and Ethical Business Policy (Ethics Policy) has been established to
- promote honest and ethical conduct, including fair dealing and the ethical handling of situations of potential conflict of interest,
- promote full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure,
- promote compliance with applicable laws and governmental rules and regulations,
- Ensure the protection of ESCATEC’s legitimate business interests, including corporate opportunities, assets and confidential information, and to deter misconduct.
We do business in a responsible way. We require all of our vendors to comply with the ESCATEC Group’s code of conduct and fulfil the local governmental rules and regulations. The Corporate Responsibility and business ethics has been nurtured in our day-to-day activities at ESCATEC and in our engagement with external stakeholders. As a Swiss owned company, we are committed to upholding a highest standard of ethical values, culture and responsibility through our code of conduct and ethics, outlining the requirements in our corporate policy, and we expect the same from our vendors. This focus on having the best people around the world and empowering them to excel, has made us a worldwide leading EMS company.
ESCATEC Conflict Minerals Policy
ESCATEC is committed to sourcing components and materials from suppliers which highly value human rights, ethics and environmental responsibility. We expect all of our suppliers to abide by high standards which prohibit any human rights abuses and all unethical practices. We also require our suppliers to comply with all applicable legal standards and requirements.
On August 22, 2012, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) issued the final conflict minerals rule under Section 1502 the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (the “Conflict Minerals Rule”). The Conflict Minerals Rule requires publicly traded companies to report annually the presence of Conflict Minerals (tin, tungsten, tantalum and gold, or “3TG”) originating in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or adjoining countries (“Covered Countries”).
ESCATEC supports the goals of ending violence, human rights violations and environmental damage in the Covered Countries. ESCATEC is committed to complying with any legal requirements applicable under the Conflict Minerals Rule.
ESCATEC is committed to assisting our customers in the implementation of their Conflict Minerals programs. We work cooperatively with our customers and supply chain partners in implementing Conflict Minerals compliance programs.
ESCATEC requests all of our suppliers provide us with completed conflict minerals declarations using the current EICC/GeSI Conflict Minerals reporting template either through our compliance partner GreenSoft or directly with our purchasing teams. We will reconsider our willingness to partner with any suppliers that fail to comply with this Policy.